Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Belated Ending

Obviously this project has long since ended in a blaze of incomplete shame. Apparently, Martha doesn't realize that I lack a rambling homestead with acres of vegetable gardens, berry patches and free-range livestock. Instead, I rely on my local Publix that carries blackberries for $6 a pint - in season. Of course, I realize that these menus were never intended to be made weekly but a grand challenge is a grand challenge until you realize that more than half your week's already-astronomical grocery bill is taken up with ONE MEAL. Now I use the cookbook as it was intended - another resource on the shelf when I need a new recipe.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think Martha really relates to the common people. Let them eat blackberries and sprinkle gold leaf on their craft projects, she cries. Off with her head, I say. Write another blog so I can enjoy it. You are a great mom, great cook, great hostess, great writer -- so good at so many things. Just ramble on your blog if the mood strikes. Tell other people how to be as good at everything as you are. Tell them how to cut a cake, which you do perfectly.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello LL, so excited to be following your blog. do you go to the breaver st. farmers market?they have some great stuff for little money! let me know if you want to go together one saturday.

    ReplyDelete